Jewellery Care guide
LOOKING AFTER YOUR JEWELLERY
- Many factors can influence the condition of jewellery.Therefore you should make sure that your jewellery is properly cleaned,repaired and stored.Take care to avoid extreme humidity or heat and sweaty condition as this may cause tarnishing.Also handle them nicely and gently as they are handmade,not machine made.They are just like passion babies seeking extra care and pamper.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow these steps to ensure your beautiful jewellery lasts longer.
- Silver/Artificial Jewellery will naturally tarnish over time.Always protect your jewellery from knocks,scratches,chemicals,sunlight and sweaty conditions to minimize these effects.
- We recommend removing jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly when on the beach,in the sea and in chlorinated water.
- Avoid spraying perfume or applying creams directly onto your jewellery.
- Use fragrance/perfume 30 minutes before wearing the Jewelry.
- No water or sweat. Sweat is something unavoidable.In that case use plain 100% cotton cloth OR Polishing cloth (white) which we use to wipe spectacles, gently damp the sweat out of the Jewelry. Leave in air for 5-8 minutes and seal it in zip lock cover and store it in plastic box
- Keep away from extreme temperatures,humidity,sweat and sunlight,and avoid wearing your jewellery when using bleach.
- To protect your jewellery,pieces should be individually placed in a pouch or within a soft lined box to stop them being scratched or tangled.Ideally store your jewellery wrapped in a piece of cotton cloth in a dark,cool and dry place,and try to keep pieces apart,so that they don't rub together or tangle up.
- Leaving in air overnight will turn the silver to get oxidized which is usual process in silver jewellery.
- Metal - Using a soft, lint free cloth is an effective way to keep jewellery looking shiny and lustrous. Ideally,store jewellery pieces in an airtight bag to help reduce tarnishing.Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
- Gemstones -
Since many gemstones are quite delicate,hot water,harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times.We advise cleaning your precious stones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing.Very porous stones such as turquoise and emeralds should be cleaned using an untreated,dry,soft cloth only.Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.